Pilot Point Light House

lighthouse
Contact Information
Pilot Bay Road, Kootenay Bay, British Columbia V0K 1Z0
Detailed Information

Constructed in 1904, and activated in 1905, the Pilot Bay Lighthouse is the last remaining inland lighthouse in British Columbia and is a white, wood frame, three-storey tower with a tapered form located on the northern part of the Pilot Peninsula that extends into Kootenay Lake near the community of Crawford Bay in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. The historic place consists of the southern part of the Pilot Peninsula held within Pilot Bay Provincial Park, including the lighthouse, surrounding clearing and forest, and associated hiking trail. It stayed in active use until 1993.